Senior Director Quality ImprovementApply Now Job ID 17000MMR
Senior Director Quality Improvement
Primary Location: MA-MADedham-980 Washington St
Organization:Adult Day Health
Adult Day Health Inc
Fantastic opportunity for a senior leader, with demonstrated experience in building, growing and leading a thriving quality and performance improvement program, to have significant impact in taking this centralized function to the next level. Spearhead all facets of development, implementation, optimization, and delivery of high value, cost effective centralized quality improvement processes.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, this role offers the opportunity to bring your nursing background and entrepreneurial vision to a young and rapidly growing organization. We seek a dynamic senior director who can help drive quality and excellence within our Adult Day Health (ADH) programs. Currently we serve over 4,500 members in 28 vibrant, culturally-specific centers located throughout MA, MD, and NJ.
The Senior Director, Quality Improvement collaborates and promotes alignment of the quality improvement framework across ADH. This position provides guidance, technical assistance and support to implement Network and ADH's continuous quality improvement plans and risk management programs. The Senior Director, Quality Improvement manages projects targeted to improve quality of services and process efficiency, and supports compliance with applicable internal and external standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Quality Improvement:
- Represents ADH on the Network QI leadership team and drives the planning and implementation of Network-wide quality initiatives.
- Supports the implementation of ADH continuous quality improvement plans.
- As directed, takes the lead role for ADH quality improvement strategies.
- System Analysis, Design and Improvement:
- Provides quality assurance / improvement focused technical assistance and subject matter expertise.
- Collaboration with Internal and External Partners:
- Assists with the design and application of effective communication strategies for implementing Network and ADH expectations and initiatives.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and consultants to promote and validate quality outcomes.
- Education and Training:
- Facilitate access to ADH and Network resources and / or develops resources and training programs to meet identified needs.
- Data Systems and Analysis:
- Analyzes data, proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and partners with QI Directors to develop and implement strategies toward improvement.
- Provide input to Network QI leadership team to identify quality service outcome measures that address the efficacy of The Network’s service delivery systems and benchmark the Network’s programs and services to industry standards.
- Incident Management:
- Identifies patterns or trends of health and safety issues and collaborates with QI Directors and/or Operations about improvement strategies.
- Assists with development and supports implementation of Network incident management system.
- Conducts or assists with higher-level internal investigations of critical incidents, mortality, hotline reports and other complaints.
- As directed, oversees internal investigations of critical incidents and mortality reviews to ensure compliance with Network standards.
- Diligence and Integration:
- Supports ADH with diligence assessments and evaluation of prospective mergers and acquisitions; completes recommendations regarding quality management systems, areas of risk and related outcomes for potential acquisitions.
- Compliance with Internal and External Standards:
- Collaborates on the development of quality and compliance monitoring systems to measure ADH’s compliance with Network standards, contractual obligations, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards.
- As assigned, consults with Regional and State leadership teams to develop corrective action plans in response to adverse actions.
- Partners with Network quality team and ADH team to develop and finalize service model-specific policies and procedures.
- Stays current on relevant Federal policy and advises ADH QI staff about applicable changes and provides recommendations about implementation.
- Customer Engagement:
- Collaborates with ADH and regional/state leadership teams to design and implement customer engagement activities.
- Analyzes customer engagement survey reports for trends and advises QI Directors about improvement strategies.
- As assigned, assists with orientation and training for QI Directors and QI Managers.
- Trouble shoots and promotes alignment between QI Directors’ groups of states.
Experience and Knowledge Requirements:
- Education and Experience:
- RN Required
- BSN Preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in operations management and/or quality management is required.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and customer relations skills
- Other Requirements:
- Travel as needed
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services to seniors, adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Our organization is driven by the power of relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!