Therapeutic MentorApply Now Job ID 170009BD
Primary Location: United States-MA-MADedham
Massachusetts MENTOR is seeking Therapeutic Mentors (TM) in Dedham, MA. TMs are skilled human service professionals who understand the impact that community activities can have on a child’s life. They provide services in the youth’s home and community. As a Therapeutic Mentor, you can have an amazing impact in the quality of services for the children and families we support. You will also have the opportunity to integrate our services with engaging activities and ultimately help the youth we serve meet their treatment goals.
In addition, the services are designed to complement an existing outpatient or in-home therapy treatment plan or an existing Intensive Care Plan for youth with Intensive Care Coordination. Children who are eligible for Therapeutic Mentoring services are required to have Mass Health Standard or Common Health plans. Therapeutic Mentoring services are designed to help youth achieve one or more of their existing goals.
TMs also hold the following job responsibilities:
- Meet with a client base of 8-9 youth weekly throughout the Boston Metro area
- Meet expectations surrounding documentation deadlines and utilization trends
- Preparation of social skill building activities for each client
- Assist with teaching youth socially appropriate behavior while in the community
- Assist with assessing safety issues that may have an impact on the service
- High School degree or GED and two years’ experience working with children/adolescents/transition age groups
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field and one year experience preferred
- Must be 21 years of age
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if providing transportation to individuals receiving services
- Competitive salary
- Monthly incentive bonus program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Provides mileage reimbursement
We offer a supportive team environment and sense of autonomy, flexible schedule, and a family-oriented culture to complement our attractive salary/benefits package. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals!