Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
Primary Location: United States-MA-MADorchester
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Come join our amazing team of Certified Nursing Assistants and Clinical staff supporting the Adults and Elders in our community-based day programs. Have an amazing impact in the quality of services for the adults and families we support, making a difference in the lives of others each day.
Adult Day Health offers a continuum of services and supports for elders, including those with complex medical or rehabilitative needs. Our services help those we serve feel their best and be as active as they would like to be.
As a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with Adult Day Health, you will work to ensure our program meets the needs of each of the individuals we serve. Our caring staff works with each participant to create an individualized Plan of Care that fits their needs and interests. For one adult, this may mean help managing an illness such as diabetes. For another, it may mean social activities; help with medications and meals tailored to their special dietary needs. Depending on each person’s unique needs, the care plan may include services such as nursing care, social activities, healthy, delicious meals, and transportation to and from their local center.
We seek a compassionate and committed CNA to provide nursing services, training, and support to address the medical, behavioral, and psychiatric needs of individuals.
Specific tasks include:
- Ensure follow through of specific programs developed by the care team.
- Responsible for participant safety and well being at all times.
- Monitor and provide training in mealtime programming as necessary, prepare food as needed.
- Assist participants with basic hygiene skills (grooming, toileting) and other tasks (feeding, shopping) according to each participant’s Plan of Care.
- Work as a member of the treatment team. Cooperate and effectively communicate with other staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of Plan of Care and programming for each participant.
- Assist with bowel and bladder incontinence, management of bowel and bladder program and/or care of urinary drainage catheters or equipment and support.
- Manage physical transfer of participants following training guidelines.
- Facilitate leisure planning with participants. Assist participants and accompany participants to appointments and leisure activities.Interact with participants in an empathetic, respectful, caring, and dignified manner.
- Adhere to Emergency Manual guidelines; conduct emergency drills.
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of participants at all times. Complete all cleaning activities as identified on cleaning schedule and as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete necessary documentation, reports, etc. in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner.
- Substitute for other CNAs. Recruit own substitute for scheduled shifts when necessary with supervisor’s prior approval.
- Attend staff meetings, conferences, in-services as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with compliance of Department of Public Health requirements.Follow confidentiality requirements at all times.
- Adhere to Participant Bill of Rights and other policies and procedures.
- Care for and maintain all recreation and residential equipment. Confer with supervisor regarding current equipment status and needs. Communicate supply and maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Adhere to Personnel Policies and Procedures; successfully complete mandatory trainings. Responsible for attending annual refresher/re-certification courses prior to certification expiration dates.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
What we offer you:
- A chance to make a difference in peoples’ lives on a daily basis
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates and paid time off
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Completion of a CNA certificate program; current CNA certification required.
- 6 months - 1 year of CNA experience preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS), CPR, and First Aid certifications.
- Successful clearance of Background Checks and Reference Checks.
- Successful clearance of health screens and/or drug screens as required by the state.
- Ability to effectively communicate with participants, staff, and families.
- Responsible, empathetic approach with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Why Join Us
Hear from some of our team why they’re part of The MENTOR Network. What will be your why?Watch Video
See some recent winners of our Ripple of Hope Awards
that recognize our most outstanding employees.
See what it truly takes to be part of
The MENTOR Network.