Therapeutic MentorApply Now Job ID 17000HH6
Primary Location: United States-MA-MAEast Taunton
Do you seek to have a positive impact on children and families? We seek skilled, dedicated Therapeutic Mentors (TMs) to provide in-home and community-based services to the children and families we support. These roles integrate our services with engaging activities to help the youth we serve meet their treatment goals.
Therapeutic Mentors are an essential part of delivering quality services to youth throughout Taunton and the Southeast region. These services are designed to complement an existing outpatient or in-home therapy treatment plan or an existing Intensive Care Plan for youth with Intensive Care Coordination. Children who are eligible for Therapeutic Mentoring services are required to have Mass Health Standard or Common Health plans. Therapeutic Mentoring services are designed to help youth achieve one or more of their existing goals.
• Meet with a client base of 8-9 youth weekly throughout Taunton and the Southeast region
• Provide the required documentation, meeting deadlines and addressing utilization trends
• Prepare social skill building activities for each client
• Assist with teaching youth socially appropriate behavior while in the community
• Assist with assessing safety issues that may have an impact on services provided
- High School degree or GED and two years’ experience working with children, adolescents, or transition age groups
- Or, Bachelor’s degree in human services (i.e. psychology, sociology).One year related experience strongly preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if providing transportation to individuals receiving services.
- Ability to establish trust and rapport with Youth quickly with strong follow through
- Commitment to children and families with a sense of responsibility and maintaining scheduled appointments.
- ·Competitive salary with monthly incentive bonus program
- ·Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with Paid Time Off
- 401k and Mileage reimbursement
We offer a supportive team environment and sense of autonomy, flexible schedule, and a family-oriented culture to complement our attractive salary/benefits package. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals!
Founded in 1980, Massachusetts MENTOR provides home and community-based services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and youth with emotional and behavioral challenges, as well as their families. Through a range of individualized services, including Therapeutic Foster Care and adult Host Home programs, Massachusetts MENTOR helps individuals of all abilities live life to the fullest in the communities they call home.
Massachusetts MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local health and human services providers with ~30,000 employees, across 35 states, serving ~30,000 individuals. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
We offer a supportive team environment, flexible schedule and a family-oriented culture, and long-term career development. Come join our awesome team of professionals!