From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Supervisor, ResidentialApply Now Job ID 200008WZ
Primary Location: United States-MA-MAEaston
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Come join NeuroRestorative and be part of the important work we do! Providing Supported Living programs and community-based services for adults with brain injury.
NeuroRestorative is a leading provider of post-acute and sub-acute rehabilitation services for individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries, as well as other neurological challenges. We offer a continuum of care and rehabilitation options in community-based settings to individuals of all ages. Our personalized programs include residential and day treatment as well as specialized services for children and adolescents, Military service members and Veterans. We provide expertise and resources of an organization on the cutting edge of clinical care and rehabilitative programs.
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at NeuroRestorative Massachusetts, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
- Provides oversight of direct care staff providing services to clients. Coordinates the assignment of work of facility staff.
- Completes interviews, makes hiring decisions and schedules staff. Provides coaching and feedback to employees along with ongoing informal and formal performance discussions and annual performance reviews.
- Monitors budgets for assigned homes. Manages activities to ensure financial goals are met. Monitors budget variances and implements corrective action plans as needed.
- Maintains staff schedules for the assigned facility(s).
- Oversees household activities, housekeeping, and meal preparation for individuals served.
- Provides oversight to direct care staff with individuals integration into the community by arranging transportation to recreational and social activities.
- Coordinates and attends medical appointments of individuals served as required.
- Attend training's and meetings as required.
- Monitors the comfort and safety of individuals served while ensuring living environments and program activities are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains accurate records, including records of activities and developmental progress of individuals served.
- Provides on-call assistance to staff during emergencies and schedules staff to fill shifts as needed.
- Maintains and purchases all inventory for client and house supplies.
- Manages petty cash and individual funds.
- Prepares various reports and other correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted.
- Three years of related experience
- Valid driver's license
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state