From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Behavior AnalystApply Now Job ID 19000LWE
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNEdina
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Impact lives as a Behavior Analyst with REM Minnesota!
Whether you are a certified BCBA or have completed your Masters in Behavior Analysis and Therapy, we offer rewarding, meaningful work for you to build upon your knowledge and skills. Bring your passion and experience to make a positive difference in the lives of others. We offer supervision for the path to certification!
Location: The position requires travel throughout designated regions within the state of Minnesota. The position’s primary office location is flexible and can be located within any city in Minnesota.
Shift: Generally weekdays; will vary depending on needs of people served.
Benefits: Competitive pay, mileage reimbursement, variety of benefit plan options and 401k are available.
The Behavior Analyst works directly with the regional team to complete functional behavior assessments which lead in the development of effective positive behavioral support plans. The Behavior Analyst will also provide training to team members to reinforce implementation of the plans for the people we serve.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with our consumers and staff to observe, identify, analyze, and document a range of behavior problems with the intent of both problem behavior reduction and skill acquisition programs. Derived from that analysis, develop and implement strategies to address identified problem areas.
- Use your training and creativity to explore ways to handle challenging problems for our individuals in home settings, workplaces and the community.
- Create individualized treatment plans that work in partnership with interdisciplinary therapies to help each individual improve. incorporate a range of therapies to help each individual improve.
- Establish goals for individuals; communicate the plan and steps to inform each individual served and the REM staff supporting those individuals.
- Collaborate with other team members to translate the respective treatment plan into measurable steps and benchmarks to evaluate and monitor successes.
- Work in collaboration with an experienced and supportive BCBA clinical team.
- Visit programs for follow up and ongoing evaluations to realign plans as needed.
- A strong clinical and consultation background with a drive and ability to work independently.
- Masters in Behavior Analysis and Therapy or related field preferred. Equivalent education/work experience will be considered.
- Preferred Certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) or Board Certified Associate Behavior Analyst (BCaBA). Equivalent education/work experience will be considered as we can offer supervision.
- Minimum one year experience working with special populations in behavioral intervention.
- Experience with behavior analysis with in an applied setting preferred
- Some understanding of applicable federal and state regulations
- Skilled in written and oral communications and service development
- An ability to establish rapport easily and build positive relationships with individuals and coworkers alike
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of behavior management principles, program development and monitoring techniques
- Strong customer service orientation and patience.
- A collaborative approach. Creative and effective abilities in employee training.
- Ability to travel the state to meet with our individuals and staff on ongoing basis. Mileage is reimbursed. Must have valid driver's license and good driving record
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Paid training; Holiday pay; 401(k); paid time off and benefits
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- Flexible work arrangements, a family-friendly culture, and a dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
We have a great work environment and you'll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. REM is a partner of The MENTOR Network. With ~32,000 employees serving ~30,000 consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of
dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!