Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAFairfax
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us. Due to the essential services we provide as Caregiver/Life Skills Trainer, we continue to accept applications and fill open positions in our residential programs. Providing round-the-clock care, we have full-time and part-time schedules open with all shifts available immediately.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at NeuroRestorative, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
EasyApply on Indeed or Text MENTORJOBS to 97211, we have work for you!
**Sign-on bonus $1,000**
Come join our amazing team of CNAs supporting individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses. Make a difference every day as a patient advocate providing quality of life enhancing services to those we serve.
As a Certified Nursing Assistant with NeuroRestorative, you will perform hands-on nursing care with an emphasis on daily care needs and personal hygiene.
- Monitor the health conditions of individuals served, ensure quality services provided
- Provide assistance and/or supervision to individuals in the areas of daily living, personal care, and community and social integration.
- Help maintain safe and quality supports for individuals served
- Initiate emergency procedures on as needed basis
- Use equipment correctly and safely
- Report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents or incidents to supervisor
- Maintain current progress notes and any other appropriate documentation
- Assist with resident activity programs, including off-site outings and off-site appointments.
- Assist with household activities:
- Assist in keeping residence tidy and clean.
- Assist with meal preparation and mealtimes.
- Prepare rooms for admissions of new residents, obtaining equipment and supplies as needed
- Prepare residents for discharge.
- Actively attend and participate in team meetings and trainings as required
- Maintain confidentiality and treat others with dignity and respect in all you do
What we ask of you:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Completion of a CNA certificate program; current CNA certification issued by California
- One year CNA experience preferred, ideally experience with medically complex patients
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS), CPR
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, residents, and families
- Competitive pay rates; paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Paid classroom and on-the-job training
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next