From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Direct Support ProfessionalApply Now Job ID 18000OQR
Direct Support Professional
Primary Location: IL-ILFrankfort-20646 Abbey Woods Ct
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Come join our mission – make a difference in lives and enjoy rewarding work! We have a range of schedules and shifts available that can fit your schedule. Apply today to Illinois MENTOR Community Services to join the amazing group of co-workers and the inspiring individuals we serve.
As a Caregiver/Direct Support Professional with Illinois MENTOR Community Services, you’ll support individuals with intellectual, physical, and behavioral disabilities in the communities we serve.
We have a variety of shifts and schedules available:
- Full-time or part-time
- Days, afternoons, evenings, and weekends
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Assisting individuals to redirect agitated or aggressive behaviors
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
What we ask of you:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and proof of vehicle insurance
- Strong preference for DSP-certification on the Illinois HCWR, but we welcome applicants without certification
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Compassionate, relationship-building approach
- Dedicated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Consistent Schedules that fit your availability
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress and employee events
- Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision) along with PTO and Holiday Pay for employees working over 30 hours per week.
- Paid Training
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next.
- Career development and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis