PRP Counselor Per DiemApply Now Job ID 19000QIY
PRP Counselor Per Diem
Primary Location: United States-MD-MDGaithersburg
Mentor Maryland - (IFCS) Institute for Family Centered Specialist is currently seeking a passionate Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor for Part Time/Per Diem hours. The Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor (PRP) role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Facilitate psychiatric rehabilitation, behavioral support services, and crisis intervention for assigned clients, according to Individualized Rehabilitation Plan, by:
- Teaching and Instruction
- Encouragement of Positive Change
- Skill Demonstrations and Practice
- Promote Individual Wellness, Self-Management, and Recovery.
- Assist in the restoration and/or improvement of Self-Care and Social Skill
- Facilitate effective strategies for strengthened Independent Living and the achievement of self-sufficiency goals
- Expose individuals to academic, vocational, and employment training and resources
- Facilitate culturally relevant activities directed toward improved social relationships
- Encourage Health Promotion, Proper Nutrition, and Exercise.
- Completion of Individualized Rehabilitation Plans, daily progress notes, monthly reports and other required documentation as expected by the agency and COMAR regulations
- Bi-weekly supervision with Program Director
- Bachelors' degree in a health-related field OR
- 1 year of work experience in a supervised mental health setting
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Reliable transportation and auto insurance that complies with the minimum state requirements
- Ability travel locally
- Commit to a minimum of 6 hours of direct service, per client, per month
- Attend mandatory weekly and monthly meetings as required by the agency
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 36 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Our organization is driven by the power of relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!