From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides survivors of brain injury with structured support and compassionate care. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers — NeuroRestorative's employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Cognitive Retraining SpecialistApply Now Job ID 190004D2
Cognitive Retraining Specialist
Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJGalloway
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
NeuroRestorative New Jersey is seeking a Cognitive Retraining Specialist to provide individual and family therapeutic services to clients, as well as to assess the ongoing need for cognitive therapeutic services at the client’s current level of care.
- Provide and maintain an orderly, safe, clean and warm therapeutic environment.
- Closely follow the Day Program schedule of assignments and seek approval from the Day Program Administrator for any necessary changes.
- Provide individual and group therapies to clients with the support of the Cognitive Coordinator.
- Monitor clients during transitional times, lunch, and breaks. This includes behavioral, toileting, and general assistance as needed.
- Attend assigned IRP meetings, Day Program team meetings, staff meetings, and additional meetings as assigned.
- Complete all required documentation including, but not limited to behavior charts, FYI’s, incident reports, monthly reports, IRP reports, therapy notes, lesson plans.
- Treat clients with respect, dignity, and compassion at all times.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times and ensure confidentiality of privileged information.
- Complete all cognitive therapy assessments on an annual basis to all persons served, as determined by the Cognitive Coordinator.
- Cooperate with the licensee and Department of Human Services in any inspection or investigation.
- Minimum of BA in psychology or related field (as approved by SCR for certification) and preferred one year of related experience
- Must maintain current valid driver's license