From skilled nurses and therapists to administrative staff and clinical evaluators, our employees make a difference in the lives of patients and their families every day. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local providers—CareMeridian’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative health and human services for more than 30 years.
Director of Nursing (DON)Apply Now Job ID 17000FBA
Director of Nursing (DON)
Primary Location: CA-CAGarden Grove-12461 Springdale St
- Plan and organize the daily functions of the Nursing department.
- Participate in the development and updating of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Available 24/7 by phone, unless another qualified Registered Nurse (RN) has been scheduled to be available.
- Complete pre-admission resident evaluations at their current place of care.
- Ensure that all Safety Policies and Procedures are followed at all times, including timely completion and submission of all incident and accident reports.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines, licensing requirements and all CareMeridian and related MENTOR Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Case Management department to include:
- Admission process and resident business files
- Resident funding
- Additional funding resources
- Discharge planning
- Interdisciplinary team conferences
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, providing corrective action and terminating nursing staff.
- Maintain staffing levels within regulations and budgetary guidelines.
- Provide and manage Continuing Education Program.
- Ultimately responsible for assuring that all residents and staff records are kept organized, complete and confidential.
- Initiate and manage emergency procedures.
- Manage the Performance Improvement Program.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required by the Administrator.
- Travel is required.
- Supervise the development and organization of the Nursing department
- Use independent judgment and follow regulatory guidelines in the delivery of quality resident care.
- Plan and organize day-to-day functions of resident care.
- Anticipate, identify and analyze problems effectively and make appropriate recommendations or intervene as necessary.
- Current and active Registered Nursing (RN) license issued by this state.
- Preferably three (3) years experience working with medically complex individuals but are open to training the right RN with experience and a positive attitude.
- Preferably three years experience in a leadership/management role or as an ADON in CA.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers.
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with physicians, staff, residents, and their families and/or authorized representative, and other members of the community.
- Understands patient family dynamics and the case management role