From nurses to direct care staff to program directors, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with caring support in specialized residential settings. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—our employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Program Director, IDD Services-CAApply Now Job ID 18000OCX
Program Director, IDD Services-CA
Primary Location: CA-CAGarden Grove-12397 Lewis St
Cole Vocational Services
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
Description As a Program Director with Cole Vocational, a partner of California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports those we serve in a center based day program. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully direct program staff to provide high quality services to individuals we support. In this role you will manage the day-to-day operations with the support of your Area Director, Quality Assurance and Human Resources team. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have leadership experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and you’re looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
• Develop and maintain quality services and engaging activities that meet the individuals needs
• Manages the day to day operations in compliance with regulatory requirements
• Interview and select talented staff. Lead, develop and inspire team providing on-going performance coaching
• Writes and implements Individual Service Plans (ISP); ensures on-going communication with planning team
• Financial responsibility in the following areas: operational budget, time-keeping and billing for services provided
• Builds and maintains relationships with families, Regional Centers, and regulatory agencies
• Prepares incident reports for both internal and external agencies
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
Qualifications: What we require of you:
• Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field AND at least 18 months of experience in management of a human services delivery system;
• Five (5) years of experience in a human services delivery system INCLUDING at least Two (2) years of management or supervisory position AND 2 years of training in one of the following:
(A) Care and supervision of consumers in a licensed adult day program, or an adult day health care facility
(B) Care and supervision of one or more of the categories of persons to be served by the day program
• Demonstrated success in a leadership role
• Ability to effectively establish and maintain meaningful relationships
• Ability to coordinate activities and services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
• Strong follow-through to ensure quality services, regulations and clients’ rights are upheld
• High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
• Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
• A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
• Annual bonus plan
• A rewarding work environment
• Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Time Off & Holiday Pay
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress
• Employee discounts; fun employee events
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
• Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!