From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Program Services Clinical CoordinatorApply Now Job ID 19000AAC
Program Services Clinical Coordinator
Primary Location: CA-CAGarden Grove-12397 Lewis St
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
Description As a Program Services Clinical Coordinator with Family Home Agency, a partner of California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports individuals we serve in residential settings. We seek a passionate Case Manager who can successfully implement and monitor individual service plans. In this role you will provide case management services for the individuals we serve with the support of your Program Director. Provide support and oversight to the foster home provider (Mentor). Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Assist in the development of quality services and engaging activities that meet the individuals needs
- Conducts home visits bases on individual need and completes progress notes as well as quarterly individual support plan updates
- Plans and coordinates the delivery of services to achieve program, organization and consumer outcomes
- Oversees the implementation of the Individual Service Plan (ISP); ensures on-going communication with planning team
- Works with Program Director to oversee and provide consumer care and supervision, as needed
- Provide on call coverage for caseload and participates in rotational emergency coverage and crisis intervention support
Qualifications: If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field and one year experience supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, planning, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served and have strong follow through skills to ensure quality services, regulations and clients’ rights are upheld
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance, and must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching, annual bonus plan, Time Off & Holiday Pay, and Mileage reimbursement
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve, and a family-oriented environment, casual dress, and a rewarding work environment
- Employee discounts; fun employee events, and dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network, available in 36 different states
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!