From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Supervisor, DietaryApply Now Job ID 19000IAA
Primary Location: United States-TX-TXGarland
Description NeuroRestorative is seeking a Dietary Supervisor to be responsible for the overall management of the dietary function within a program. Ensures a sanitary and functional working environment and the preparation/service of attractive, nutritious meals, and meeting individual consumer’s dietary restrictions and preferences. Also provides nutritional input into the individual’s plan of care and provides assistance in the manner that supports the personal design of the consumers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides necessary staff development and training to Dietary Aides to ensure meals are prepared and served in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitors food service staff to assure that they are following established safety and sanitary regulations and procedures in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Investigates all on the job injuries by department employees and implements corrective measures where appropriate.
- Implements daily menus and approve substitutions according to dietary prescriptions.
- Maintains inventory of department food, supplies and equipment.
- Controls supply and equipment use to meet budget available.
- Reports to administrator on general operation of the department.
- Assists in determining appropriate staffing levels; makes termination recommendations to the Administrator.
- Orients and trains staff in proper work practices when they are hired and conducts and evaluates retraining and refresher training.
- Maintains safe working conditions and practices in the unit.
- Assures that meals are prepared according to prescribed diet plan and are delivered at acceptable temperatures.
- Performs additional duties and activities as required.
High school diploma or its equivalent plus three years of related experience required.
Current drivers license, car registration and auto insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services.
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.