As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAHayward
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support and serve people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. As an Activity Aide / Direct Support Professional (DSP) with CA Mentor, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.
Description What we offer you:
• A rewarding, family-oriented work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for, casual dress and employee events
• Full compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching, paid time off, holiday pay, employee discounts
• Full time, Part time, and As Needed schedules available
• Employee Cell Phone Stipend
• A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
• Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network located in 36 states
Essential Job Duties:
• Provides direct support or assistance in accordance with individual service or program plans; assists with socialization and behavioral development, personal care, housekeeping, recreational activities, transportation, shopping, and other activities of daily living.
• Accurately documents progress and activity
• Maintains confidentiality and respects the rights of persons being served
• May accompany individuals to medical appointments; relays orders and information to and from medical providers as required. Accurately administers and documents delivery of medications and treatments
What we require of you:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must be minimum of 18 years of age
• Valid California driver’s license in good standing
• Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
• Successful clearance of background checks
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want to make… we want to hear from you! Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
Why Join Us
Hear from our CEO, Bruce Nardella, about why he’s part
of The MENTOR Network. What will be your why?
See some recent winners of our Ripple of Hope Awards
that recognize our most outstanding employees.
See what it truly takes to be part of
The MENTOR Network.