From nurses to direct care staff to program directors, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with caring support in specialized residential settings. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—our employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Activity CoordinatorApply Now Job ID 19000W7E
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAHayward
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at Cole Vocational Services, a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As an Activity Coordinator with Cole Vocational Services, a partner of California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports individuals we serve in our day program in Hayward, CA. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully assist in directing program staff to provide high quality services to individuals we support. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have leadership experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
The Activity Coordinator is responsible for initiating a broad array of community contacts in order to cultivate employment or volunteer opportunities and integrated community involvement. The Activity Coordinator's primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as a liaison to local community colleges and trade schools for those individuals wishing to pursue higher education.
- Develop activity/training modules for staff and individuals to utilize throughout the day to develop vocational skills.
- Establish functional age appropriate, accessible community integrated sites.
- Review activity schedules and provide guidance to staff and individuals on decision making and planning to access the sites.
- Provide training to staff regarding activity delivery methods and techniques.
- Maintain curriculum binders related to making choices, planning schedules and community activities.
- Ensure varied/age appropriate activities are planned and offered to individuals.
- Establish activity plans for each community location, which includes the activity to be taught, materials required, recommended training techniques in that particular setting.
- Conduct site checks in the community to ensure the locations remain beneficial to the individual and staff is providing the appropriate support.
- The Activity Coordinator and staff members assist each client as they direct the design of their Individual Service Plan (ISP) and activity schedule.
- Maintain open and professional communication with community management, individuals of the program, and vendors
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of management
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent
- Certification in Activity Coordinator preferred. (If not certification then must be willing to obtain Activity Coordinator Certification)
- Must have minimum 2 years’ experience working with developmentally disabled adults including planning and conducting activities for this population.
- Creative problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to maintain a patient and positive attitude.
- Team orientated and flexible
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to details are required
- Ability to produce creative varied and age appropriate programming.
- Ability to motivate staff to implement the planned activities in appropriate manner.
- Ability to use and understand Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Valid driver's license in good standing.
- Car registration and vehicle insurance.
- Must be able to pass health screening, TB test, and criminal background check.
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!