As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAHayward
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
The health and safety of our employees and
of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us. Due to the
essential services we provide as Caregiver/Direct Support Professionals,
we continue to accept applications and fill open positions in our
residential programs. Providing round-the-clock care, we have full-time and part-time schedules open with all shifts available immediately.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at California MENTOR Cole Vocational Services, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
EasyApply on Indeed or Text MENTORJOBS to 97211, we have work for you!
You can make a difference by providing care to individuals with various needs and disabilities such as behavioral, developmental, physical, and mental health. Through this rewarding work you’ll develop strong bonds with individuals you serve and your coworkers making work feel like spending time with family.
What we offer you:
• A collaborative work environment with an incredible team of co-workers
• Paid training
• Full compensation/benefits package for those working over 30 hours per week
• 401(k) with company matching (after introductory period and eligibility requirements are met)
• Mileage reimbursement
• Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, and Annual bonus plans
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
• Access to a national network of local human service providers across 36 states
Schedule options depend on program however we can typically work with your availability and offer options such as:
• Full-time, part-time, and on-call/ "as needed"
• Early mornings, evenings, overnights, and weekends
As a Caregiver you will support people with activities of daily living such as:
• Transporting to medical appointments, errands, shopping or activities in your community
• Providing guidance with social skills, advocacy, self esteem
• Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
• Personal hygiene, bathing, toileting, grooming, preparing meals, and assisting with medication administration
• Assisting individuals to redirect challenging behaviors
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be 18 years of age
• Valid driver’s license in good standing required
• Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
• Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
• Compassionate approach
• Reliable, responsible attitude
As a successful Caregiver you will:
• Celebrate and encourage growth and independence in the life of every individual you serve.
• Lead by example to encourage and support your co-workers and the individuals you serve.
• Approach concerns with an open mind and assume positive intent.
• Take initiative to identify problems before they become crises.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Why Join Us
Hear from some of our team why they’re part of The MENTOR Network. What will be your why?Watch Video
See some recent winners of our Ripple of Hope Awards
that recognize our most outstanding employees.
See what it truly takes to be part of
The MENTOR Network.