From nurses to direct care staff to program directors, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with caring support in specialized residential settings. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—our employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Job DeveloperApply Now Job ID 20000N42
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAHayward
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates.
- Full compensation/benefits package for those working over 30 hours per week
- 401(k) with company matching (after introductory period and eligibility requirements are met)
- A rewarding work environment with an incredible team of co-workers
- Paid training
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, and Annual Bonus plans
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Access to a national network of local human service providers across 36 states
- Contacts community based employers, as an employment specialist, to secure paid employment and volunteer educational opportunities for referred individuals.
- Researches and recommends community employment sites and activities, completes vocational assessments, conducts site evaluations, and provides follow-up as indicated.
- Conducts career and vocational exploration by reaching out to employers and matching employer needs with individuals' goals.
- Assists individuals receiving services in searching and interviewing for employment, and provides follow-up support to individual clients once placed in a job.
- Provides work adjustment training to assist an employment client with improving work skills, work behaviors, interpersonal skills, and ethics needed to maintain employment.
- Contributes to Individual Service Plans for individuals receiving services that currently have paid and/or volunteer jobs, as well as individuals with job development goals and objectives.
- Completes required service documentation reviews, meets regularly with individuals and others to provide needed services and supports, and ensures appropriate communication with the planning team.
- Attends all related meetings, professionally represents the program while in the community, and ensures individuals' rights.
- Ensures safety by providing appropriate supervision to individuals at job sites.
- Works directly with individuals with developmental disabilities by conducting group and individual recreation activities according to individual needs, capabilities, and interests.
- Determines and implements necessary precautions in exercising responsibility for the care and safety of individuals served.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to identify and implement meaningful group activities with focus on emphasizing the preferences of individuals served.
- Provides instruction and guidance to staff regarding activity delivery methods and techniques daily as well as at staff meetings.
- Maintains and continuously amends curriculum binders for each classroom to ensure that varied and age appropriate activities are planned and conducted for individuals served.
- Attends continuing education courses as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred; or five years experience in a human services delivery system, including two years experience in job development.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance, if providing transportation to individuals receiving services.