Employment SpecialistApply Now Job ID 17000L0U
Primary Location: CA-CAHesperia-15075 Main St
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
Essential Job Function
· Contacts community based employers, as an employment specialist to secure paid employment for referred individuals.
· Completes vocational assessments.
· Conducts job preparation classes.
· Conducts career exploration and vocational opportunities by reaching out to employers and matching employer needs with individuals’ goals.
· Assists individuals receiving services in searching and interviewing for employment.
· Completes required service documentation reviews, meets regularly with individuals and others to provide needed services and supports, and ensures appropriate communication with planning team.
· Attends individuals related meetings, professionally represents the Program while in the community, and ensures individual rights.
· Conducts presentations regarding employment opportunities.
· Performs other related duties and activities as required.
·Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
·Master's degree in Vocational Rehabilitation preferred.
·Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
What we offer you:
·A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
·Annual performance-based bonus plan
·A rewarding work environment
·Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the families you bring onboard
·Time Off & Holiday Pay
·Family-oriented environment, casual dress
·Employee discounts; fun employee events
·Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
·On-the-job training including career development and advancement opportunities
·Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!