From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
CaregiverApply Now Job ID 17000H8F
Primary Location: IA-IAHiawatha-1220 Industrial Ave
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
a Direct Support Professional, you'll carry out rewarding work, playing an
integral and crucial role in the success of our organization. Based in
community settings, DSPs provide assistance with daily activities such as meal
preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration.
DSPs may also facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities. In addition, DSPs support therapeutic and behavioral plans in partnership with clinical staff to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
Our DSPs are the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. At the end of your work day, you know you have made a difference in someone’s life.
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want to make… we want to hear from you! Bring the right attitude, we’ll train you for success!
Full time, part time and on-call positions are available. Day, Evenings, Overnights, and Weekend shifts allow schedules to fit around school, other employment, or family commitments. Some overnight positions even allow you to sleep.
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s license Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must be able to lift minimum of 25 pounds
- Successful clearance of background checks
- Full and Part time schedules available
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay rates; mileage reimbursement
- Paid classroom and on-the-job training
- Paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Previous experience is not necessary - Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!