Licensed Vocational NurseApply Now Job ID 190003UT
Licensed Vocational Nurse
Primary Location: TX-TXHouston-9551 Fannin St
Mentis Neuro Health is seeking Full Time and PRN Licensed Vocational Nurses for the Day shift and Overnight shift from 6pm to 6am.
Bring your Nursing experience to our growing, mission-driven organization!
Come join our amazing team of Licensed Vocational Nurses supporting individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses. Make a difference every day as a patient advocate providing prescribed medical treatment and personal services under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician.
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path within Specialty Rehabilitation and Human Services, and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges with high staff-to-patient ratios.
As a LPN/LVN with Mentis Neuro Health, you will have high-impact, providing nursing services, training and supports to address the medical and psychiatric needs of individuals with Acquired Brain Injury and other catastrophic injuries.
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of the individuals we serve
- Monitor the health conditions of individuals served, ensure quality services provided
- Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services
- Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Conduct assessments, implement health care plans and respond to changes of condition
- Ensure physicians’ orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Accompany individuals to medical visits in medical emergencies
- Actively attend and participate in team meetings as required
- Maintain confidentiality and treat others with dignity and respect in all you do
- Accurately and effectively communicate results of evaluations in rounds, following guidelines to effectively interpret evaluation results.
- Assist in collection and documentation of admission data, reporting observations and health changes to the Physician.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of residents’ status by making frequent rounds and reporting/documenting changes.
- Report pertinent observations to assist in identifying problems.
- Assist in development of nursing goals for individuals served.
- Maintain knowledge of priorities and goals for individuals served.
- Demonstrate safe and effective administration of specialty procedures and technical skills required of individuals served.
- Implement and document nursing care every shift to accomplish goals.
- Request consultation/supervision from individuals with validated knowledge and skills when unsure of own ability or dealing with a new or unfamiliar situation.
- Ensure that supplies and equipment for care are available, clean, and ready for next use.
- Maintain universal precautions or specific precautions when providing nursing care to all residents/clients.
- Communicate pertinent information and evaluation of individual’s progress through participating in change of shift report.
- Evaluate and document resident/client responses to nursing interventions and regimen prescribed by the treatment team.
- Evaluate effectiveness of equipment and methods used in resident/client care.
- Assist in revising resident/client care priorities/plans as appropriate, based on evaluation of goals not met or status change.
- Assist in identifying educational/training needs for residents and staff.
- Utilize appropriate teaching methods and available resources to reach desired educational goal.
- Assume responsibility for communicating resident/client status to the Nurse Manger or physician.
- Provide for continuity of care by coordinating with personnel in other departments/agencies
- Assume delegated responsibilities in emergency situations according to Mentis policy and procedure.
- Hold self and staff accountable for completion of assignments, compliance with policies/procedures/ standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of growth and development.
- Demonstrate ability to assess age specific data.
- Demonstrate ability to interpret age specific data.
- Demonstrate age appropriate communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrate knowledge of significant involvement in treatment plan.
What we ask of you:
- Two year college degree in nursing
- Current Licensure as Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Current certification in CPR, health care provider status.
- Clinical experience in the last six months.
- Relevant experience working in a nursing capacity, ideally with medically complex patients
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, residents, and families
- Therapeutic Options training every two years.
- Defensive Driving certification every two years.
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive pay rates; paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Paid classroom and on-the-job training
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Mentis Neuro Health is a leader in the provision of post-acute rehabilitation for persons with an acquired brain injury, addressing mobility, social interaction, communication, employability and re-entry into their homes and communities. Providing innovative rehabilitation programs and processes, as well as additional support services, Mentis Neuro Health is a partner of The MENTOR Network.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!