Accounts Receivable AnalystApply Now Job ID 2000022J
Accounts Receivable Analyst
Primary Location: United States-IN-INIndianapolis
Indiana MENTOR, a leading provider of in home care for individuals with developmental disabilities and a partner of The MENTOR Network, is currently accepting resumes for an Accounts Receivable Analyst.
The Accounts Receivable Analyst provides Accounts Receivable support and analysis and acts as liaison with various levels of field and corporate finance personnel, and in some cases with external auditors. The AR Analyst also assists with preparation of value-added financial analysis and recommendations regarding revenue, accounts receivable, and reserves for doubtful accounts.
- Setup new and manage ongoing Avatar accounts
- Serve as liaison with operations and other functions on Accounts Receivable and General Ledger reconciliation issues
- Review and analyze weekly collection activity and set collection priorities for upcoming week
- Review and analyze monthly Accounts Receivable balances and make recommendations for bad debt reserves; prepare data and analysis to support the valuation of accounts receivable and adequacy of reserves
- Prepare and analyze monthly non-authorized reports, and make recommendations; obtain authorizations
- Prepare and analyze monthly sales adjustment reports
- Review client setup in billing system to ensure accuracy
- Review and analyze revenue reports
- Responsible for the maintenance of an effective control environment under SOx 404 for the accounting operations he or she oversees. This includes both key and non-key controls and extends to the timely updating and modification of control design where necessary and the oversight of control remediation activities should exceptions be encountered in testing.
- May also be involved in following, especially in field operating divisions:
- Facilitate monthly close activities in function and quarter and year-end audits of Accounts Receivable
- Serve as advisor on billing software and billing system
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred
- 4-5 years of experience in healthcare or Accounts Receivable, and understanding of Accounts Receivable and General Ledger in accordance with GAAP
- Knowledge of Excel and Oracle required, Avatar preferred
- Ability to work effectively with people at diverse levels throughout the organization
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults, children, and seniors, with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Our organization is driven by the power of relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!