Program DirectorApply Now Job ID 17000M7A
Primary Location: United States-IN-INIndianapolis
Indiana MENTOR is seeking a Program Director for our Indianapolis office that will support our Group Homes. We offer a supportive team environment, career advancement opportunities, and a family-oriented culture to complement our benefits package.
About Indiana MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network:
Indiana MENTOR offers home and community-based services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as autism spectrum disorders, mental health challenges, physical disabilities with complex medical needs and brain injury. With program locations throughout the area, Indiana MENTOR offers a range of residential services with supports tailored to the needs of each individual as well as hourly support and respite services designed to allow each individual to be as independent as possible.
Duties include; but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the day to day operations of all programs
- Manage, hire, train and schedule staff.
- Responsible for the financial performance of individual programs; complete purchasing of program supplies; and review and submit billing compliance documentation.
- Maintain and foster relations with individuals receiving services, families and guardians; implement individual’s satisfaction enhancement plans as appropriate.
- Implement program incident management protocols; ensure timely incident reporting and implementation of corrective action.
- Maintain program compliance with Network and regulatory standards.
- Provide leadership including direct supervision of home managers and direct support professionals
- Implement Network employee practices; implement program safety and workers’ compensation programs; recommend and assist with involuntary terminations and written warnings; provide employee orientation and training.
- Maintain licensing and compliance for program services and supports; assure timely and accurate program documentation.
- Implements area core growth strategy to increase census, maximize utilization and occupancy percentages, and assists with new start development as appropriate.
- Maintains and fosters relations with case managers and referral agents; participates in building relationships with local legislators and government officials; and lobbies on behalf of consumers and Network as appropriate.
- Implements area strategies to maintain and foster relations with consumers, mentors, families and guardians; and implements consumer satisfaction enhancement plans as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned.
Indiana MENTOR offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Generous Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
We also support the non-traditional benefits of:
- One of the largest national networks of human service providers
- Opportunities for advancement both locally and nationally
- Flexible Spending
- Short Term Disability
- Mileage reimbursement
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Indiana MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to three years of experience with the MR/DD community preferred
- Strong leadership ability
- Strong computer skills
- At least two years in a supervisory role
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
- Must be willing to be on call