Vice President, Operations, CSS - Atlantic RegionApply Now Job ID 19000380
Vice President, Operations, CSS - Atlantic Region
Primary Location: United States-IN-INIndianapolis
The MENTOR Network
Fantastic opportunity for strong operations leader to have significant impact within the region. Reporting to the President of Community Support Services (CSS) Operating Group, this role is responsible for developing and maintaining a culture that drives high quality services while maximizing growth and profitability. Establish strategic direction for the states and share your vision to find innovative ways to create value for those we serve and the company.
Develop strong relationships across all parts of the organization (e.g., Human Resources, Quality Improvement, Finance) to ensure best business outcomes. We seek a dynamic leader known for building and cultivating strong teams with demonstrated results. Proactively recruit, develop, and retain top talent. Participate in Network-wide strategic planning and provide thought leadership to Network-wide business goals. Actively participate in and play a leadership role as needed with initiatives that have a Network-wide impact. Maintain oversight of contractual and regulatory requirements to ensure that they are met.
This role oversees IN, WV, PA, MA, NJ, DE, MS, GA, SC and FL - strong preference for residence in one of those ten states. Expectation of frequent travel among the Region and to our corporate hubs in Boston and Minnesota. Ideal candidate will have established relationships and/or understanding of the particular operational issues in any of these 10 states.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Oversee the operations for ten states (Indiana, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Delaware, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida) serving 7,500 adults, children and youth in a diverse complement of programs including residential homes, day services, supported living, early intervention, vocational, Family support services and foster care with combined revenues of $325 million.
• Establish strategic direction for states for which responsible, participate in Network-wide strategic planning, and provide thought leadership on Network wide business goals. Actively participate in and play leadership role as needed in significant Network wide impact.
• Oversee development of quality enhancement strategies and drive quality initiatives for the region’s states, coordinating Network standards, licensing requirements and consideration for individuals’ needs.
• Responsible for financial performance of ten states in region; implement strategies to maximize revenue, attain operational efficiency and drive profitability; work in conjunction with financial personnel to maintain accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger; oversee individual state business and financial plans; oversee monthly financial reporting; and approve contracts and expenses at appropriate level of authority.
• Provide leadership and develop strategy for maximizing growth within each state. Develop business plans and marketing strategies to grow census and improve occupancy and utilization in core services. Develop strategies to anticipate new business opportunities and develop new starts and identify potential acquisition candidates.
• Oversee development of government relations plans for the region’s states. Develop strategy to maintain and enhance state level relations with legislative and administrative officials, advocates, and trade associations. Direct lobbyists or outside contractors.
• Develop strategies across the states to maintain and foster relations with individuals served, families and guardians; oversee implementation of satisfaction surveys; and oversee development of enhancement plans.
• Provide leadership and oversee implementation of incident management protocol for the region’s states; ensure timely incident reporting; review trends, analyze, develop and implement pre-emptive and corrective response strategies. Oversee investigation process.
• Work with corporate Safety resources to oversee strategy and implementation of health and safety programs for these ten states, including individuals served and employee protection. Maintain appropriate medical and nursing services and supports.
• Develop strategy to maintain compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, and safe living and working environments within the Atlantic states. Ensure pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living environments.
• Provide leadership including supervision of Executive Directors and business unit support team; develop strategy for implementation of Network employee practices; oversee safety and workers’ compensation implementation strategy
• Recruit and retain top talent; develop state leadership teams. Collaborate with HR resources and state leaders to establish sound employment practices, including recruitment; employee orientation and onboarding; employee relations; promotions; termination, discipline and performance management.
• Oversee contractual and regulatory requirements for states for which responsible, ensuring requirements are met.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree in Human Services or Business preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with significant management experience in the human services industry, ideally specific experience in services for individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Licensure as required by state(s).
- Demonstrated track record in driving, ensuring and verifying exceptional quality of care for those we serve
- Proven leader who can gain the loyalty and respect of state leadership and direct support employees. Exceptional relationship management skills with an ability to establish rapport and credibility with stakeholders throughout organization.
- Proactive strategist with actionable plans to manage, improve and grow the business. Demonstrated ability to attain results.
- Ability to provide direction and communicate the vision to encourage alignment within the organization. Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to influence at all levels within the organization.
- Proven success at developing the long term capability of others. Foster the growth of people, allowing them to better meet organizational needs.
- Organizational sense that is consistent with and adaptable to Network’s regional model.
- Grasp of financial and other metrics, setting benchmarks, and overall knowledge of best practices. An ability to plan and direct initiatives and staff, based on pertinent information.
- Demonstrated success with cultivating a strong team and developing talent with a commitment to succession planning.
- Role oversees IN, WV, PA, MA, NJ, DE, MS, GA, SC and FL - strong preference for residence in one of those ten states. Expectation of frequent travel among the Region and to our corporate hubs in Boston and Minnesota.
- Confidence, ability and track record in lobbying, competitor, state and payer relations.
- Versatility is a key success factor: the ability to strategically operate at all levels within the organization and the ability to move between the strategic vision and the day-to-day tactical needs is a must.
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus plan, and benefits package, we offer company matching to the 401(k) and advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Our organization is driven by the power of relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals.