From skilled nurses and therapists to administrative staff and clinical evaluators, our employees make a difference in the lives of patients and their families every day. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local providers—CareMeridian’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative health and human services for more than 30 years.
Staff AccountantApply Now Job ID 1700020J
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAIrvine
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and documentation of business transactions. Prepares month-end general ledger journal entries and performs reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Performs analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts to aid in the review of accounting activity for the period.
- Prepares and reviews financial statements for accuracy, consistency, and completeness of all relevant information.
- Contributes to the development and entry of annual and reforecast budgets.
- Ensures appropriate lease documentation is in place and all payments are made in a timely manner.
- Actively manages capital asset transactions through the processing of capital expenditure request forms, asset disposal/transfer forms, and assigning tags.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement. Reviews and proofs weekly accounts payable vouchering.
- Maintains depository account records for multiple companies including the monthly reconciliation of these accounts.
- Assists with establishing, modifying, documenting, and coordinating implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Provides general accounting support to business organizations. Prepares selected work papers for various audits.
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance with all assigned areas and other audit requirements.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- contractual experience required
- Healthcare background experience, a must.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field (preferred) or relative experience in the healthcare feild
- One to two years experience in accounting with healthcare