From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Licensed Practical NurseApply Now Job ID 190001F7
Licensed Practical Nurse
Primary Location: United States-WI-WILa Crosse
REM Wisconsin III
Part time, Licensed Practical Nurse, (LPN) - If you are looking for a few part time hours with a flexible schedule, then we have just what you are looking for.
La Crosse and Surrounding Area
REM Wisconsin is seeking a Part-time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for the La Crosse and surrounding area.
Schedule would be 20 hrs/wk, with flexible scheduling.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the lives of adults with physical and developmental disabilities. This flexible position allows for autonomy and independence within the work schedule, while promoting excellence in care needs of individuals being served.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing prescribed medical treatment and personal care services under the direction of a registered nurse (RN) to address the medical or psychiatric needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, acquired brain injuries, substance abuse issues and/or emotional or behavioral challenges in more than one site. Travels between multiple locations to perform the duties and responsibilities of the role and is accessible to staff at all locations during working hours. Depending on the program, may be required to be accessible after hours for consultation.
- Provides basic care and medical treatment to individuals receiving services.
- Completes health assessments and provides input of health diagnosis to RN or physician for the development of nursing care plan.
- Follows-up on all physician orders
- Monitors and ensures follow through on individual’s medical/dental appointments.
- Promotes health and wellness for individuals and ensures nursing actions and steps are put in place for prevention.
- Oversees and educates regarding administering medications according to established guidelines.
- Reviews medication administration records for compliance quarterly, and as needed.
- Current LPN licensure
- One year experience working with adults with disabilities
- Willingness to travel with personal vehicle with mileage compensation
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets insurability requirements as defined by the Company’s insurance carrier
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter along with confidence to pursue a nursing practice autonomously
- Hours need to be flexible to meet the needs of the clients
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume on line at jobs.thementornetwork.com/Wisconsin
This position will remain posted until filled with the right candidate.