From skilled nurses and therapists to administrative staff and clinical evaluators, our employees make a difference in the lives of patients and their families every day. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local providers—CareMeridian’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative health and human services for more than 30 years.
LVN Licensed Vocational Nurse Full Time Night ShiftApply Now Job ID 17000J4V
LVN Licensed Vocational Nurse Full Time Night Shift
Primary Location: CA-CALa Habra Heights-102 E Avocado Crest Rd
CareMeridian is currently seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse to improve and sustain superior performance of the facility as evidenced by quality outcomes and financial returns. Emphasis is placed on CareMeridian’s mission and values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function
listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Perform and document resident assessments upon admission and on
an going basis through discharge.
2. Complete all required nursing documentation accurately and timely.
3. Participate in “hand off” report.
4. Observe, record and report to supervisor or physician in a timely manner, any changes in the resident’s
5. Participates in the development and updating of the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care within the required
6. Implement the plan of care, using appropriate nursing interventions according to CareMeridian’s
Policies and Procedures and regulatory guidelines.
7. Administer and document medications and treatments as ordered, and observe and document the
8. Transcribe and carry out physicians’ orders.
9. Initiate emergency procedures per CareMeridian’s Policy and Procedure, if needed.
10. Assist physicians as necessary.
11. Participate in Interdisciplinary Team Conferences, as required.
12. Provide resident and/or caregiver education.
13. Communicate and cooperate with the interdisciplinary team to ensure that all therapeutic
interventions are carried out timely.
14. Attend and participate in continuing education programs per CareMeridian’s policies and regulatory
15. Complete and submit Incident and Accident Reports as needed.
16. Follow Safety Policies and Procedures at all times to include participation in fire and emergency
17. Maintain the confidentiality of all residents’ data, per HIPAA requirements.
18. Participate in the Performance Improvement Program.
19. Use equipment per manufacturers’ instructions.
- Two year college degree in nursing or related field or state certificate
- One year of experience working with population served in a nursing capacity (preferred)
- Current LPN/LVN licensure for state of residence
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state such as CPR/FA, HIV/AIDS certification, BBP and ACT training
- Two years in area of specialization of Sub-Acute Care Nursing PREFERRED not required.
- Current state drivers license
Founded in 1989, CareMeridian provides a continuum of high quality, post-acute care and rehabilitation options to adults with brain, spinal cord and other life-altering injuries and medically-complex illnesses. With program locations throughout the Western United States, CareMeridian offers a distinctive service delivery model, merging an experienced and skilled health care and rehabilitation team with state-of-the-art technology in community-based program settings designed to meet each individual’s unique needs at every stage of recovery.