From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Residential Youth CounselorApply Now Job ID 18000REM
Residential Youth Counselor
Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJLafayette
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
New Jersey MENTOR
New Jersey MENTOR is seeking Residential Youth Counselor (Youth Support Specialists). The purpose of youth support services is to provide behavioral health counseling, training, and direct support to address the functional/daily or social skills for youth with developmental disabilities, substance abuse history and/or emotional or behavioral challenges. We have a range of settings in which we provide these services. As a Youth Support Specialist, or Residential Counselor, you will inspire hope and empower lives.
- Orient youth within 24 hours of program admission.
- Provide training, assistance and/or supervision to youth in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration and/or job skills development.
- Establish a therapeutic relationship with the youth receiving services to ensure effective guidance, direct support and service delivery.
- Attend monthly treatment plan meeting(s).
- Provide weekly pre-vocational skills and Lifeskills training.
- Provide support to youth, to ensure objectives are met in accordance with the Service Plan.
- Coordinating, organizing and/or assisting with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation may be required.
- May provide transportation for youth receiving services, planned and/or necessary activities and appointments.
- Maintain current progress and service notes and any other appropriate documentation in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy, program and New Jersey state statutes.
- Complete and submit all required documents.
- Provide supervisor with feedback and data relevant to day-to-day human/social services, Service Plans or administrative policy.
- Actively attend and participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings as required.
- Attend training and other meetings as mandated.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights and practice universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy.
What we require of you:
- High School Diploma with at least 3 years’ of verifiable experience working with At-Risk Youth;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Services, Criminal Justice or Psychology with 1 year experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must have verifiable experience providing service to teens ages 10-18 with emotional, medical, and behavioral challenges
- CPR/First Aid certification is a plus
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Successful clearance of 2-3 professional references
- All hires will be required to attend a two week orientation: Monday through Friday
- Starting pay rate of $12.98 per hour
- Full, Part-time, or per diem positions available with a variety of schedules
- A rewarding work environment with a chance to make a difference in the lives of youth and families on a daily basis
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same
New Jersey MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!