From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Qualified Intellectual Disabilites Professional, QIDPApply Now Job ID 19000R8E
Qualified Intellectual Disabilites Professional, QIDP
Primary Location: United States-NV-NVLas Vegas
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
- Responsible for the supervision of client cases within the assigned management team. Reviews service plans to ensure completeness.
- Provides direction, support and counsel to host family on a weekly basis. Involves treatment team in decisions relating to changes in treatment plan and arranges additional support as necessary.
- Interviews clients to obtain medical history data and other pertinent information.
- Provides intensive case management services, coordinating both intra- and inter- agency services, to ensure on-going assessment and follow-through of treatment plans.
- Conducts intake and administers diagnostic tests to identify behavioral and personality traits and documents results.
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment such as behavior modification, social skills, anger management, and stress management therapy.
- Develops and implements Person Centered Plans (PCP) including annual and ongoing meetings.
- Refers individuals served to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Education or other Human Service field
- Two to four years of experience in human services.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Case Manager.
- Valid NV Driver's License
- Successful clearance of background including fingerprints and TB screen