Program DirectorApply Now Job ID 19000SN4
Primary Location: United States-CA-CALong Beach
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Program Director with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports those we serve in our Supported Living Services program. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully direct program staff to provide high quality services to individuals we support. In this role you will manage the day-to-day operations with the support of your Area Director, Quality Assurance and Human Resources team. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have leadership experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and you’re looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the residential component of the College-to-Career program.
- Ensures qualities of services are delivered while in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Interview and select talented staff. Lead, develop and inspire the team and provide on-going performance coaching.
- Coordinate and/or conduct staff trainings and provide crisis management assistance to staff.
- Ensure staff and client schedules are implemented.
- Ensure all required documentation/data are up-to-date and accurate and that consumer’ rights and consumer health and safety concerns are upheld.
- Ensure timely completion and updates of Individual Service Plans (ISP) and ensure on-going communication with planning team.
- Financial responsibility in the following areas: operational budget, time-keeping and billing for services provided.
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients, Regional Centers, and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepares incident reports for both internal and external agencies.
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
Bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience in the human services industry
Two years of experience in management in a human services related field or demonstrated success in comparable leadership role
Flexible schedule in order to ensure appropriate client and staff supervision
Ability to effectively establish and maintain meaningful relationships
Ability to coordinate activities and services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and Network Standards are upheld
High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
Must be 18 years of age
Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- ·Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.