From nurses to direct care staff to program directors, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with caring support in specialized residential settings. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—our employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Program SupervisorApply Now Job ID 20000N4R
Primary Location: United States-CA-CALong Beach
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates.
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Program Supervisor with Unlimited Quest, a partner of California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports those we serve in a center or community based day program. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully assist in directing program staff to provide high quality services to individuals we support. In this role you will help manage the day-to-day operations with the support of your Program Director. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have leadership experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Assist in the development and the delivery of quality services and engaging activities that meet the individuals needs
- Supports the Manager in day to day operations in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Plans, coordinates and evaluates staff efforts to achieve program, organization and consumer outcomes
- Implements Individual Service Plans (ISP); ensures on-going communication with planning team
- Shares responsibility for time-keeping and billing for services provided
- Builds and maintains relationships with families, Regional Centers, and regulatory agencies
- Prepares incident reports for both internal and external agencies as needed
- Develops and implements activity schedules
- Works with Program Director to oversee consumer care, supervision, and safety
- Acts as Direct Support Professional as needed
- Assumes the role of the Program Director in their absence
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field or 3 years’ experience in a human services delivery system including at least 1 year in a comparable program
- At least 3 years’ experience providing support to persons with developmental disabilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain meaningful relationships
- Ability to coordinate activities and services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
- Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and clients’ rights are upheld
- High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.