From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Maintenance WorkerApply Now Job ID 20000HWB
Primary Location: United States-WI-WIMadison
Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Are you a “Mr. or Ms. Fix-it” looking for full-time hours, Monday- Friday with benefits? Come use your maintenance and facilities skills to help support our mission!
As a Handyman/Maintenance Worker with The MENTOR Network, you will maintain all property/facilities services for sites in the Eau Claire, WI area.
Ensure that all grounds and equipment are in good working order to ensure a safe, attractive and enjoyable living and working environment for the individuals we serve. This position is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Oversee ongoing preventative maintenance of multiple programs/offices across an assigned region.
- Plan and schedule work assignments to accomplish workload with available resources and equipment. Coordinate with outside contractors to ensure quality of work delivered. Analyze and resolve complaints pertaining to services, and equipment in area of responsibility
- Communicate departmental procedures for maintenance and operation of buildings. Maintain the building and grounds in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.
- Repair and maintain kitchen, housekeeping, and other mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning units, electrical and plumbing fixtures, painting and laundry equipment.
- Plan and direct inventory control program for equipment, parts and supplies. Oversee the establishment of accounts with material vendors. Order and maintain necessary maintenance supplies.
- Maintain appliance motors, room exhaust fans, pumps and miscellaneous equipment on a monthly basis or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Work with building inspectors, fire marshal, and vendors. Maintain fire alarm system, including smoke and heat detectors, and fire pull. Assist with safety and disaster plans as appropriate.
- Maintain operational records, data, and monitor and enforce observance of safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
What we require of you:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge and ability to handle a range of maintenance needs, tools, and equipment
- One year related work experience preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Safe reliable transportation, with proof of insurance and registration, and willingness to travel between sites as needed.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, and must be dependable and punctual.
- Must pass local and out of state background
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Mileage reimbursement for your travel between sites
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- On-the-job training, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next; you’ll have variety and independence in your workday and the rewards of contributing to a meaningful mission.
The MENTOR Network is
a national network of local human service providers offering quality,
community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000+ individuals
in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you
join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide
quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!