From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Quality Improvement SpecialistApply Now Job ID 19000QO4
Quality Improvement Specialist
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNMankato
REM Heartland is seeking a Quality Improvement Specialist. Apply today to join our amazing organization!
Heartland is seeking a Quality
Improvement Specialist to provide leadership and support for a region
and/or service line with respect to quality improvement. Responsible
for implementing The Network’s, Operating Group’s, and state-specific quality
systems for a region and/or service line. Assists in the
implementation of initiatives and assurances under the direction of a QI
Manager and/or operations. Conducts
internal reviews of program operations and monitors compliance with internal
and external requirements. Supports state operations and assigned region and/or
service line to comply with all applicable internal and external quality of
Essential Job Functions:
- Represents an assigned region and/or service line within a state on the state's QI Team and participates in regional leadership team meetings.
- Facilitates and verifies implementation of state-specific continuous quality improvement plans.
- Provides quality assurance / improvement technical assistance and subject matter expertise with local process improvement initiatives.
- Facilitates communication with local operations managers to elicit feedback and disseminate information, as directed through a state plan
- Coordinates implementation of training programs and delivers training as assigned.
- Verifies implementation of effective strategies for improvement that were designed to measure and improve outcome measures.
- Monitors quality improvement goals and tracks outcomes and measurements.
- Reviews incident data and prepares and analyses trended reports for local operations managers and QI Manager.
- Conducts incident reporting training and technical support in a region and/or service line.
- Conducts internal investigations of incidents and/or allegations per local protocol and as assigned.
- Conducts or assists with the provision of QI and risk management training to appropriate personnel in acquired companies.
- Conducts regular reviews of program operations and services to appraise levels at which programs are in compliance with established external and internal standards.
- Monitors compliance with contractual obligations, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and internal operating practices.
- Conducts audits and supports operations to prepare for licensing / certification reviews.
- Partners with local operations and QI Manager to design correction plans for findings of noncompliance.
- Conducts audits to verify completion of correction plans in response to surveys.
- Completes Network Performance Audits, as assigned and reviews compliance with Network and state-specific consumer funds policies.
- Partners with local operations to implement and verify service model-specific policies and procedures.
- Support Operations with implementing local customer engagement activities.
- Support local customer engagement survey process through promotion, planning, completion, data collection, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility may be substituted.
- Three to five years of experience in quality improvement or other related social services field required.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets insurability requirements.
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks.
REM Minnesota is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With 32,000 employees serving 30,000 adults, children, and seniors in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!