Caregiver DSP for Group HomesApply Now Job ID 18000R0I
Caregiver DSP for Group Homes
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAMerced
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Loyd's Liberty Homes
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here.
Loyalty, genuine care, and determination to grow and learn - that is extraordinary! We believe in the extraordinary and the potential to be so is in all people who desire to reach for their best.
At California MENTOR our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve and work alongside. The heart of what we do is support and serve people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with Loyd's Liberty Homes, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.
DSPs are the link to the community for those we serve. Whether you’re helping someone ride the bus for the first time, prepare for a job interview, attend college classes, do their own laundry, or assist with personal care, at the end of your work day, you know you have made a difference in someone’s life.
Based in residential settings, DSP's provide assistance with daily activities ranging from meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration, to accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities. In addition, DSPs support therapeutic and behavioral plans, working closely with our clinical staff, to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
What We Require of You - Minimum Requirements:
- One Year or more of experience providing direct care/support in field of human services; preferred experience working with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities (references required)
- High school diploma or equivalent, or higher education (must be able to provide proof upon hire)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid CA driver’s license in good standing
- Reliable transportation
- Successful clearance of local, state, and/or federal background checks
IMPORTANT - We are looking for caregivers with some weekend availability, most of our caregiver positions include at least one weekend shift.
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Full compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plans
- Paid Time Off & Holiday pay
- Full and Part time schedules available
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Loyd's Liberty Homesis a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.