Caregiver for Group Homes
As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Caregiver for Group Homes
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAMerced
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here.
Loyalty, genuine care, and determination to grow and learn - that is extraordinary! We believe in the extraordinary, and the potential to be so, is in all people who desire to reach for their best.
At California MENTOR our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the individuals we serve and work alongside. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of then you should join our team!
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with our Loyd's Liberty Homes team, you will be one of these extraordinary people.
The heart of what we do is support and serve people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. Our DSP's are the link to the community for those we serve.
For this specific position, the work is based in residential settings where our DSP's provide assistance with daily activities ranging from meal preparation, personal hygiene and care, and medication administration, to accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities. In addition, DSP's support the therapeutic and behavioral plans of the individuals we serve, working closely with our administrative and clinical staff to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
With this work it's all about making a difference. Whether you’re helping someone ride the bus for the first time, learn a new communication skill, do their own laundry, or assist with personal care, at the end of your work day you know you have made a difference in someone’s life. This position offers a truly rewarding work life and so much more, just check it out...
What we offer you:
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Annual bonus plans
- Part time and Full time schedules available
- Employee discounts - monthly cell phone bill, entertainment, theme parks and movie tickets, online shopping, and SO much more!
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, fun employee events
- Free training, career development, and GREAT advancement opportunities including access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
What We Require of You - Minimum Requirements:
- One Year or more of experience providing direct care/support in field of human services; preferred experience working with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities (references required)
- High school diploma or equivalent, or higher education (must be able to provide proof upon hire)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid CA driver’s license in good standing
- Reliable transportation
- Successful clearance of local, state, and/or federal background checks
IMPORTANT - We are looking for caregivers with some weekend availability, most of our caregiver positions include at least one weekend shift.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Loyd's Liberty Homesis a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Why Join Us
Hear from our CEO, Bruce Nardella, about why he’s part
of The MENTOR Network. What will be your why?
See some recent winners of our Ripple of Hope Awards
that recognize our most outstanding employees.
See what it truly takes to be part of
The MENTOR Network.