Caregiver for Group Homes
As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Caregiver for Group Homes
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAMerced
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here.
Loyalty, genuine care, and determination to grow and learn - that is extraordinary! We believe in the extraordinary, and the potential to be so, is in all people who desire to reach for their best.
At California MENTOR our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the individuals we serve and work alongside. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of then you should join our team!
Caregiver, Direct Support Professional - Opportunities available in Merced/Atwater area!
You can make a difference by providing care to individuals with various needs and disabilities such as behavioral, developmental, physical, and mental health. Through this rewarding work you’ll develop strong bonds with individuals you serve and your coworkers making work feel like spending time with family.
- A collaborative work environment with an incredible team of co-workers
- Paid training
- Full compensation/benefits package for those working over 30 hours per week
- 401(k) with company matching (after introductory period and eligibility requirements are met)
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, and Annual bonus plans
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Access to a national network of local human service providers across 36 states
Schedule options depend on program however we can typically work with your availability and offer options such as:
- Full-time & part-time
- Early mornings, evenings, overnights, and weekends
As a Caregiver you will support people with activities of daily living such as:
- Transporting to medical appointments, errands, shopping or activities in your community
- Providing guidance with social skills, advocacy, self esteem
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
- Personal hygiene, bathing, toileting, grooming, preparing meals, and assisting with medication administration
- Assisting individuals to redirect challenging behaviors
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing required
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Compassionate approach
- Reliable, responsible attitude
As a successful Caregiver you will:
- Celebrate and encourage growth and independence in the life of every individual you serve.
- Lead by example to encourage and support your co-workers and the individuals you serve.
- Approach concerns with an open mind and assume positive intent.
- Take initiative to identify problems before they become crises.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Why Join Us
Hear from our CEO, Bruce Nardella, about why he’s part
of The MENTOR Network. What will be your why?
See some recent winners of our Ripple of Hope Awards
that recognize our most outstanding employees.
See what it truly takes to be part of
The MENTOR Network.