Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)Apply Now Job ID 18000SDW
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAMerced
Loyd's Liberty Homes
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with Loyd's Liberty Homes, a partner of California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports adult individuals we serve in our group homes, under the Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) classification. We seek a passionate individual who can provide consistent clinical care to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. In this role you will utilize your license skills and knowledge to carry out each individual’s health care plan and providing direct care with the support of a Registered Nurse and QIDP (Administrator).
Do you have nursing experience and are looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your education and skill set with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Provides technical assistance and training to staff to ensure the effective implementation of medically related services
- Administers medications and provides documentation according to established guidelines
- Provides input regarding health care services to be included in each individual’s service plan
- Monitors and ensures physicians orders are performed as prescribed
- Accompanies individuals to routine and emergency medical visits
- Responsible for following nursing care plans according to program requirements
- Provide direct support to individuals we serve, such as the duties of our Direct Support Professional - as needed
- Current LVN certification in good standing with the state of California
- One year of experience working with individuals with any form of intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred (also consider Alzheimer's and dementia or other cognitive or mental health diagnoses)
- Ability to consistently carry out medical services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
- Good knowledge of practical nursing theory
- Ability to communicate effectively with individual’s families, health care team and leadership
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass physical examination, reference checks, and any required state and federal background checks (per licensing requirements; costs covered by company)
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!