From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Community Support SupervisorApply Now Job ID 190006NB
Community Support Supervisor
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNMinnetonka
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Apply as a Community Support Supervisor/Program Supervisor with REM Hennepin and join our amazing team of professionals who are making a difference in the lives of others every day!
Take your human services career to the next level with REM Hennepin! If you are a natural leader looking for a longer-term management track in Human Services, we want to hear from you for this Program Supervisor opportunity.
The Program Supervisor is responsible to lead services within a designated service or program to ensure that all of the individuals we serve are supported with dignity and respect. Program Supervisors also are responsible to ensure staff schedules are maintained to meet service plans to properly assist and support in social, behavioral, and health care needs in all areas of daily living. The PS also acts as a “go to” person for that program, serving as a mentor to other employees, promoting teamwork, and identifying any training needs.
In addition to coordinating the activities of the employees within that program, the Program Supervisor delivers direct care services to individuals on an ongoing basis.
- Under the supervision of the Program Director, oversee the day-to-day operation of the program
- Lead services within a designated service or program
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Direct Support Professionals
- Supervise daily activities of Direct Support Professionals
- Coordinate the activities for, and maintain schedules of, the employees of the program
- Provide direct care and support to assigned individuals
- Provide input and feedback in hiring, disciplinary, and firing decisions
- Responsible for ensuring that onboarding, orientation and ongoing training is delivered
- High School diploma or GED required;
- One year related work experience; supervisory experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- A strong work ethic with a commitment to serving others
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to establish rapport with team members and those we serve
- Strong organizational abilities to ensure staffing and schedules are maintained