From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
HandymanApply Now Job ID 17000LNE
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNMoorhead
REM North Star
As a Handyman/Maintenance Worker with REM North Star, you will maintain all property/facilities services for sites in throughout the Moorhead area.
Ensure that all grounds and equipment are in good working order to ensure a safe, attractive and enjoyable living and working environment for the individuals we serve. This position is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Oversee ongoing preventative maintenance of programs/offices across the region.
- Plan and schedule work assignments to accomplish workload with available resources and equipment. Coordinate with outside contractors to ensure quality of work delivered. Analyze and resolve complaints pertaining to services, and equipment in area of responsibility (Moorhead)
- Communicate departmental procedures for maintenance and operation of buildings. Maintain the building and grounds in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.
- Repair and maintain kitchen, housekeeping, and other mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning units, electrical and plumbing fixtures, painting and laundry equipment.
- Draft plans for building needs. Read blueprints and implement work accordingly. Wire buildings for computer networking. Inspect and repair all damages to building surfaces.
- Plan and direct inventory control program for equipment, parts and supplies. Oversee the establishment of accounts with material vendors. Order and maintain necessary maintenance supplies.
- Maintain appliance motors, room exhaust fans, pumps and miscellaneous equipment on a monthly basis or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Work with building inspectors, fire marshal, and vendors. Maintain fire alarm system, including smoke and heat detectors, and fire pull. Assist with safety and disaster plans as appropriate.
- Maintain operational records, data, and monitor and enforce observance of safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
If you have experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge and ability to handle a range of maintenance needs, tools, and equipment
- One year related work experience preferred
- Valid Driver's License in good standing
- Safe reliable pick-up truck, with proof of insurance and registration, and willingness to travel between sites as needed.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, and must be dependable and punctual
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
- Mileage reimbursement for your travel between sites
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!