From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Program CoordinatorApply Now Job ID 17000I5R
Primary Location: United States-IA-IAMount Pleasant
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Come join REM Iowa in the very important work we do supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities, brain injury and emotional, behavioral or medical complexities. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve.
As a Caregiver Supervisor (Program Coordinator / PC), you'll carry out rewarding work, playing an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization. Based in community settings, PCs are a key member of the individual’s support team and provide daily oversight and supervision of their assigned location. Program Coordinators provide assistance with activities of daily living, coordinate medical care and facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings or providing transportation to work or other activities. PCs support therapeutic and behavioral plans in partnership with clinical staff to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
In addition, Program Coordinators provide effective leadership and supervision for the direct care staff they support including training, scheduling and performance management.
Our Caregiver Supervisors are the most exemplary reflection of the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. At the end of your work day, you know you have made a difference in someone’s life.
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want to make, we want to hear from you! Bring the right attitude, we’ll train you for success!
Program Coordinator positions are rewarding full time positions requiring a flexible schedule and the ability to participate in an on-call system rotation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year minimum experience working in human services or related field
- Previous supervisory/team leader experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license in good standing required for most positions
- Successful clearance of background checks
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!