From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Special Education TeacherApply Now Job ID 190009UL
Special Education Teacher
Primary Location: United States-IL-ILMt. Prospect
- Provides quality educational services for adolescents
- Provides educational assistance to program participants at their academic placement.
- Coordinates carry-over strategies developed by the cognitive or trans-disciplinary team.
- Attends weekly clinical team meetings with the communication/cognition team.
- Completes all necessary documentation such as service summaries, reports, billing slips, etc.
- Supervises and assists in development and implementation of curriculum.
- Develops methods of evaluating student progress.
- Meets with parents and students to seek solutions to problems.
- Implements policy and procedure of the classroom environment.
- Attends all mandatory training
- Other duties as assigned
- Master Degree in Special Education, LD/BD,
Bachelor’s in Education
- Minimum, one year in classroom or tutorial settings. Experience with special populations preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) with staff and families, outside constituents, and program participants
- Good documentation skills and report writing skills
- Knowledge of therapeutic programming for neurologically impaired adults
- Knowledge of trans-disciplinary rehabilitation treatment approach
- Ability to actively participate in research