From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides survivors of brain injury with structured support and compassionate care. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers — NeuroRestorative's employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Teacher AssociateApply Now Job ID 190000VU
Primary Location: United States-IL-ILMt. Prospect
Function:Training Education Services
NeuroRestorative is seeking a Teacher's Associate to work one-on-one with an assigned student under the direction of a teacher to adjust delivery of instruction and learning activities accordingly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform the Teacher Associate job
successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each
essential function listed below.
Instruct students in a teacher’s absence, using behavior management techniques to promote a smooth functioning classroom
Utilize various teaching techniques when working with students on a one-on-one basis
Monitor student’s learning behavior progress
Instruct students when a teacher is involved in a team meeting or parent conference.
Keep on-going records of all students receiving one-on-one instruction and assists teachers and students in record keeping
Assists teachers on educational field trips
Participate as a member of the treatment team
Attend all staff meetings, and training opportunities provided by the agency
Support the teachers in the growth of student academic work.
Provide for “On-Call” coverage on a rotating basis.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Holds a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent (GED)
- Has met one of the following requirements
- Holds an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Completed at least 60 semester hours of credit from a regionally accredited institution of higher education (excluding remedial coursework)
- Scored 460 or higher on the ParaPro Test and has an official report from the Educational Testing Service
- Presents evidence of earning the following scores on the Work Keys test: Reading for Information: 4, Writing/Business Writing: 3, and Applied Mathematics: 4.
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.