From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Teacher AssociateApply Now Job ID 19000VP5
Primary Location: United States-IL-ILMt. Prospect
Function:Training Education Services
Works one-on-one with an assigned student under the direction of a teacher and adjusts delivery of instruction and learning activities accordingly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each
essential function listed below.
Instructs students in a teacher’s absence, using the Behavior Management techniques to promote a smooth functioning classroom.
Utilizes various teaching techniques when working with students on a one-on-one basis. Monitors student’s learning behavior progress.
Instructs students when a teacher is involved in a team meeting or parent conference.
Keeps on-going records of all students receiving one-on-one instruction and assists teachers and students in record keeping.
Assists teachers on educational field trips.
Participates as a member of the treatment team.
Attends all staff meetings, and training opportunities provided by the agency.
Uses behavior management system effectively with all students and works effectively with teachers to resolve conflict situations.
Supports the teachers in the growth of student academic work.
Provides for “On-Call” coverage on a rotating basis.
Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Experience:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Holds a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent (GED)
- Has met one of the following requirements
- Holds an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Completed at least 60 semester hours of credit from a regionally accredited institution of higher education (excluding remedial coursework)
- Scored 460 or higher on the ParaPro Test and has an official report from the Educational Testing Service
- Presents evidence of earning the following scores on the Work Keys test: Reading for Information: 4, Writing/Business Writing: 3, and Applied Mathematics: 4.
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.