From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Staff Recruitment SpecialistApply Now Job ID 17000MJB
Staff Recruitment Specialist
Primary Location: IN-INNew Castle-HR/IN New Castle, Henry
- Leads all recruiting efforts in the East Central region, and will assist with recruiting across the state.
- Ensures all necessary information is maintained in the employee personnel record. Distributes information to supervisor or others and files completed information.
- Be the subject matter expert on our applicant tracking system, Taleo.
- Train new users on the applicant tracking system and be the main point of contact with questions regarding the system.
- Respond to unemployment claims.
- Audit files to assure that required documentation is received and compliant with agency standards.
- Assist in coordinating new hire orientation and scheduling by working closely with the hiring manager and others as required. Ensure that proper new hire paperwork has been completed, including I-9 documentation.
- Complete paperwork required for any change in a staff's payroll status.
- Assist with the performance review process as needed.
- Respond to general questions from employees about various HR issues. Refer questions to the appropriate person as needed.
- Complies with HR policies and practices, referring questions to the HR Generalist.
- Assist management in developing new databases for tracking and recording events/programs.
- Produce reports as needed.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- Prior recruiting experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience in Human Resources
- Associates degree in Human Resources preferred
- Very strong computer skills with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Very self motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong ability to multi-task and handle multiple interruptions
- Ability to think proactively and ask questions to get to the best possible answer
Indiana MENTOR offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Generous Paid Time Off Schedule
- Mileage Reimbursement
We also support the non-traditional benefits of:
- Paid Training at hire and throughout employment
- One of the largest national networks of human service providers
- Opportunities for advancement both locally and nationally