From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Social WorkerApply Now Job ID 19000OEY
Primary Location: United States-CA-CANorthridge
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Bring your passion and expertise as a Social Worker to our growing, mission-driven organization. Make a positive difference in the lives of others - come join our amazing team! Work within a setting that offers variety, rewarding challenges, and some of the best co-workers you’ll ever find.
The primary role of the Social Services personnel is
to provide psycho-social support to the individuals we serve in accordance with
the interdisciplinary plan of care, regulatory guidelines, NeuroRestorative’s Policies
and Procedures and under the general supervision of the facility Director. Emphasis is placed on NeuroRestorative’s
mission and values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Evaluation including gathering data from client records, interviews, observation and dialogue with other team members
- Development and implementation of a treatment plan according to physician orders which includes establishing client goals, continuous re-evaluation of progress and appropriate modification of the plan
- Timely preparation of written documentation of client progress including initial evaluations, progress reports, discharge summaries and other requested reports
- One to one counseling with client/and or family members in their home or other appropriate setting
- Increases awareness of client and caregivers about brain injury to better facilitate adjustment and understanding of the process of recovery.
- Attends team conferences and reports on client’s progress and current status in therapy as well as collaboratively assisting the team in identifying realistic goals
- Completes and turns in billing information in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively with internal case manager
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Minimum of B.S. degree and experience working in the field of social work.
- Preferably one (1) year’s experience working with medically complex individuals.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- LCSW preferred.
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with physicians, supervisor, staff, patients, and their families and/or authorized representative.
- Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged patients.
- Valid California driver’s license