From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides survivors of brain injury with structured support and compassionate care. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers — NeuroRestorative's employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Licensed Practical NurseApply Now Job ID 17000MQ0
Licensed Practical Nurse
Primary Location: FL-FLOrlando-3701 Avalon Park W Boulevard
NeuroRestorative Avalon Park
This is a part time position working variable shifts to include weekdays and weekends
Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Bring your Nursing experience to our growing, mission-driven organization!
Come join our team supporting individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury. The LPN/LVN role is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path within Social and Human Services, and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges within group home settings.
As a LPN/LVN with The MENTOR Network, you will provide nursing services, training and support to address the medical and psychiatric needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and/or emotional or behavioral challenges.
Each of our programs is designed around the needs of the children and adults we serve and delivered in the communities they call home. We provide the right balance of service and support – combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability.
Our Nursing positions enjoy high-impact with those we serve while providing flexibility with your schedule and location while having career options to move up and across the organization.
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of the individuals we serve
- Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services
- Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Conduct assessments, implement health care plans and respond to changes of condition
- Ensure physicians orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Accompany individuals to medical visits in medical emergencies
What we ask of you:
- Two year college degree in nursing or related field or state certificate
- One year of experience working with population served in a nursing capacity
- Current LPN/LVN licensure for state of residence
- Other education and experience as required by state such as CPR/FA, HIV/AIDS certification, BBP and ACT training
- Experience working with individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities is preferred, but bring the right attitude, and we’ll train you for success
- Effective communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families.
- Flexibility with your schedule
- A rewarding work environment with meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment, and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!