From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Licensed Practical NurseApply Now Job ID 200008VB
Licensed Practical Nurse
Primary Location: United States-KY-KYPaducah
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at NeuroRestorative Kentucky, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Bring your Nursing experience to our growing, mission-driven organization!
The LVN/LPN is accessible to staff at all locations during working hours, and depending on the program, may be required to be accessible after hours for consultation.
Please note: We are hiring for one PRN (per-diem) LPN.
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path within Social and Human Services, and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges within group home settings.
Each of our programs is designed around the needs of the children and adults we serve and delivered in the communities they call home. We provide the right balance of service and support – combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability.
Our Nursing positions enjoy high-impact with those we serve while providing flexibility with your schedule and location while having career options to move up and across the organization.
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of the individuals we serve
- Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services
- Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Ensure physicians orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
- Complete health assessments and provide input of health diagnosis to RN or physician for the development of nursing care plan.
- Follow-up on all physician orders; monitor and ensure follow through on individual’s medical/dental appointments.
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers. Partner with external agencies to coordinate services and ensure consistent treatment.
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Provide emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services. Accompany individuals to medical visits in medical emergencies
- Monitor and record medications in a timely manner
- Act as a liaison to pharmacy
- Review medication error forms, analyze errors and make recommendations for procedural changes
- Oversee and monitor staff member who administer medication.
- Conduct quality assurance checks on health care records.
- Administer, track, and maintain log for staff members’ and individuals’ testing.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights and practice universal precautions in accordance with Company policy. Uphold policy and procedure development related to health care.
- Provide training to staff members including but not limited to medication administration, universal precautions and infection control.
- Provide training for individuals receiving services in topics including, but not limited to self-medication, prescribed treatments, sex education/STD prevention and smoking cessation.
- Travel between multiple locations during work hours
- Provide support and be accessible to staff at all locations during working hours
- May be required to be accessible after hours for consultation
- Participates in on-call system as needed.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required, i.e. assisting with household activities and meal preparation.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing or related field, or a graduate of an accredited LPN program
- One year of experience working with population served in a nursing capacity
- Current LPN/LVN licensure in good standing in state of residence
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company or providing transportation to individuals receiving services.
- Other education and experience as required by state such as CPR/FA, HIV/AIDS certification, BBP and ACT training
- Job requires performance of duties that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Tasks that do involve exposure are an expectation of employment.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred, but bring the right attitude, and we’ll train you for success
- Effective communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families.
- As a traveling role, travel between supported sites is required.
- Flexibility with your schedule
- A rewarding work environment with meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment, and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!