From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Program Supervisor (Adult IDD) PhiladelphiaApply Now Job ID 20000QB6
Program Supervisor (Adult IDD) Philadelphia
Primary Location: United States-PA-PAPhiladelphia
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates.
Looking to take your Caregiving experience to the next career step?
The Program Supervisor role is a great way to gain supervisory experience while still being connected to those we serve.
Supervise a single program or unit within a program, typically supporting 2-8 individuals in residential settings. Duties are split between providing direct support, professional or program activities, and supervision. Within a designated service or program, the Program Supervisor ensures that all of the individuals we serve are supported with dignity and respect.
The Program Supervisor is responsible to lead services to ensure that all of the individuals we serve are supported with dignity and respect. Program Supervisors also are responsible to ensure staff schedules are maintained to meet service plans to properly assist and support in social, behavioral, and health care needs in all areas of daily living. The PS also acts as a “go to” person for that program, serving as a mentor to other employees, promoting teamwork, and identifying any training needs.
- Under the supervision of the Program Director, oversee the day-to-day operation of the program
- Lead services within a designated service or program
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Direct Care Staff
- Supervise daily activities of Direct Care Staff
- Coordinate the activities for, and maintain schedules of, the employees of the program
- Provide direct care and support to assigned individuals
- Provide input and feedback in hiring, disciplinary, and firing decisions
- Responsible for ensuring that on-boarding, orientation and ongoing training is delivered
- High School diploma or GED required
- Three years related work experience; supervisory experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing when driving individuals receiving service; and vehicle, registration, and auto insurance, when driving on the behalf of the Company.
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- A strong work ethic with a commitment to serving others
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to establish rapport with team members and those we serve
- Strong organizational abilities to ensure staffing and schedules are maintained
- Strong computer skills
- Prior Adult IDD and Caregiver experience is required.