State DirectorApply Now Job ID 200003X4
Primary Location: United States-PA-PAPhiladelphia
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at Pennsylvania MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
- Responsible for financial performance of a state or assigned business unit; implement strategies to maximize revenue, attain operational efficiency and drive profitability; work in conjunction with financial personnel to maintain accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger; prepare individual state business and financial plans; provide monthly financial reporting; and approve contracts and expenses up to appropriate level of authority.
- Provide leadership and develop strategies for maximizing growth within state; implement business plans and marketing strategies to grow census and improve occupancy and utilization in core services; implement strategies to anticipate new business opportunities; develop new starts; and identify potential acquisition candidates.
- Implement public strategy plans; maintain and enhance state level relations with legislative and administrative officials, advocates, and trade associations; join and take a leadership role with state trade associations, and assist lobbyists or outside contractors.
- Develop state or business unit strategy to maintain and foster relations with individuals we serve, families, and guardians; oversee implementation of satisfaction surveys and develop enhancement plans.
Oversee development and implement state quality enhancement strategies and drive quality initiatives, coordinating Network standards, licensing requirements, and consideration for children’s needs.
- Provide leadership and oversee state implementation of incident management protocol; ensure timely incident reporting; review trends, develops and implements proactive and corrective response; and oversee investigation process.
- Oversees state strategy and implementation of health and safety programs
Provide leadership including supervision of regional support team; develop strategy for implementation of Network employee practices; oversee safety and workers’ compensation implementation strategy; recruit and retain top talent; develop state and regional leadership teams; establishes employee orientation and training programs; and implements employment practices including hiring, termination and discipline.
Implement state licensing and compliance strategy; direct system for timely and accurate documentation; oversee implementation of Network compliance plan; review licensing orders; and implement proactive strategies to meet or exceed compliance.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Master's degree in Business, Human Services, Social Work and other education and experience as required by state
- Ten to twelve years of related experience with significant management experience in the human services industry
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- A great work environment — you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues
- Meaningful work supporting our mission. You’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country
- With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 37 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast