From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Behavioral Health TechnicianApply Now Job ID 1900043H
Behavioral Health Technician
Primary Location: United States-AZ-AZPhoenix
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Are you looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Arizona MENTOR seeks a compassionate individual with experience in this field to work as a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) supporting individuals with Severe Mental Illness (SMI)/Developmental Disabilities (DD) in a residential setting. If you meet minimum qualifications, we will pay for the training and supervision required to become certified!
We seek empathetic employees to enable our residents to live as independently as possible in a home supporting individuals with dual diagnoses.
- Assist, support, and teach individuals with general life skills
- Partner with clinical staff in providing supports
- Support therapeutic and behavioral plans
- Assist with self-administration of medication
- Assist with meal preparation and planning
- Facilitate community participation
- Accompanying individuals on outings in the community
- Providing transportation to work or other activities
- Paid training: AZ MENTOR will provide the clinical supervision and training at the Behavior Health Technician Academy required to become a Behavior Health Technician.
- Flexible, consistent schedules. Full and part time schedules available
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates, pay range $15 - $17 per hour depending on experience
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
What we require of you:
- Must be minimum of 21 years of age
- Proof of High School diploma, GED or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Three years of related experience
- A background check will be conducted for this position leading to a valid Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance card
- Valid AZ driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, residents, and families
- Maintain confidentiality and treat others with dignity and respect in all you do
Approximately 32 hours of mandatory paid training sessions offered to new employees prior to providing care to individuals. Sessions are held Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
Arizona MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network, is a national network of local human services providers with career opportunities in 36 states.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!